REVIEW: The Edge of Always (The Edge of Never, #2) by J.A. Redmerski




Saturday, June 07, 2014




My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Read: November 2013



5 EXTREMELY SWEET AND INSANELY SEXY HEARTS!



"You think we're lost?"



I tilt my head back a little and look up at the stars behind her and say, "In society, maybe. But together, no. I think we're right where we need to be."


REACTION AFTER READING THE BOOK

My heart
Is just full of happiness right now!


To date, The Edge of Never and now The Edge of Always easily became my favorite book of all time.

Before I start and share my passionate love for this book. I'll start with a short GIST

Just when things are starting to fall into place... unexpected things happen that could possibly tear them apart.

Camryn and Andrew met on a Greyhound bus in Kansas.
They met. Got to know each other. Went on a roadtrip. Helped each other. Fell in love.


They both didn't have any idea how that would change their life forever.

A few months after their roadtrip together, Camryn and Andrew couldn't be more happier.
Things was starting to fall together.
They made plans for their future.
They made arrangements.
They had to as they were expecting a baby girl along the way.
But something happened.
Something unexpected that pushed Camryn over the edge.
She tries to hide it like she did a thousand times before but this time Andrew was there.
He was there to make sure Camryn doesn't go through her struggles alone.
He wasn't going to let her go.
He wasn't going to let her fall apart without him.
He was going to be there for her no matter what happens.
Even if it kills him.

OVERALL THOUGHTS

I just thought this book was really beautiful.
Both of them are.
I loved the first one, but this book really sealed the deal for me. This is my favorite books of all time.
It touched me in ways other books couldn't.

It was a slow start I agree but I feel like it wouldn't be as heartfelt if the book was too rushed or something. It felt beautiful. It felt real.

I liked how Camryn and Andrew's relationship turned out. I knew there were loose ends on the last book with Camryn and I loved how Andrew helped her get over that. It was just beautiful and heartwarming and endearing and... Well I couldn't think of any more adjectives as of the moment that would describe how wonderful this book really made me feel. It took me up and down and all around! It was a complete rollercoaster ride.


I think the highlight of this story is really just about love. How love can heal everything. How love could mend broken things. I loved how Andrew showed Camryn how much he loves her no matter what. He never, not once, ever made her forget how much she means to him. He was just perfect. Andrew just couldn't stop swooning me until I am absolutely crazy for him. He was just perfect. I really wish I could find a guy like him.

Camryn. Although I didn't really agree on some of the decisions she made on this book and on the past one, I still liked her. People cope with pain and loss at different levels and I guess she just had too much and she just broke. Luckily, Andrew was there to pick up all the pieces and mend it back together.

I cried. Again. Seriously. For the nth time I really cried for this book. I am both happy and sad that its finally come to a close. I enjoyed the giggles that I get when Andrew made his moves on Camryn. I cried when it seems that the problems were pushing them away from each other. I got excited when they were going to go back on a roadtrip. I was happy and again teary-eyed when they finally got their happily ever after.

Love is such a special thing isn't it? I love J.A Redmerski so much I think I'll kiss her a million times when I see her.


When Camryn and Andrew did their little gigs every now and then, I absolutely imagined Andrew singing the song "Your Song" to Camryn. Of course, its the Cameron Mitchell version is what I was talking about. I attached a short snippet of the lyrics below.


It's a little bit funny this feeling inside

I'm not one of those who can easily hide

I don't have much money but boy if I did

I'd buy a big house where we both could live

If I was a sculptor, oh, but then again, no
Or a man who makes potions in a travelling show
I know it's not much but it's the best I can do
My gift is my song and this one's for you

And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind
I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world


I seriously think its the perfect song for Camryn and Andrew. I really imagine him singing this song to Camryn and it melts my insides.. I feel extremely giddy just thinking about it.

Oh and last but not the least can I just say...


Seriously. Andrew is a total keeper! If I meet someone like him, I'd really throw my underwear across the room!! :D LOL. Just kidding!

All in all. I am totally in love with this book! This book left a mark on me and I will really really treasure it forever!

Amazing job JA Redmerski!!
**************

Holy Smokes! Best ending ever in the entire universe!!!

That was seriously AMAZING!


Right now I'm...


To read an excerpt and join the giveaway for a print COPY of the Edge of Always. Check out the link below!! :)


My long and heartfelt review to follow!!

*sob*

*sob*

Oh Andrew!!

2 comments:

  1. I read The Edge of Never a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it! I'd heard mixed reviews about the sequel but after your review I can't wait to read it! I adore Andrew, he's just amazing! Perfect use of GIFS too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Vicki: Thanks a lot! Go ahead and read it! You will not regret it. *swoon*

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing back from you guys! :)
Drop me a comment ^__^

 

Flickr Images

Powered by Blogger.

SUBSCRIBE

Followers

Search This Blog

Video of the day

Copyright © 2015 • Book Ramblings of A Whimsical Reader